Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday shred Sum up

Got a great night sleep into Sunday morning. Woke up, made breakfast, and I was amazed at how fast I was able to pack up camp with my ultralight set up. After packing up, I prepared for a ride back to the secret lake of Fridays ride. I rode out with friends to the lake, and saw some of the biggest fish I've ever seen in fresh water. The bass we saw had to be over 25" long! We caught some salamanders and tried to cast some hooks to hopefully bag a monster. We caught nothing.
On another note, I hid my first geo cache. I called it "biker bottle by the lake" you can check it out on www.geocaching.com under the code GC3EVYH
We rode back to camp a few hours later and made a great lunch and relaxed for a few hours. Overall this weekend was a great success! It really connected me to nature and gave me confidence that I can survive outdoors with the minimal gear.

Next bike adventure I plan will be one night with a trail that takes 2 days to complete. I'm very confident that I'm able to do it!

No comments: