Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My best day yet of Geocache riding

Today I set out on my daily work out ride, and went to a few new spots in the hackensack/paramus areas. I routed across a park in Hackensack, NJ called Borg Park, and found my first trackable geocache coin. This coin has a serial number on it, as so that you can track where it has been. I took it and left some other goodies. After visiting a few more destinations, I returned home to look up the history of this piece. I came to find that this little gem made it all the way to me from Southern California, and it is now my responsibility to move it to another spot that starts with the letter "B".

I hope to gather more of these trackable items in my rides, because it certainly makes riding a lot more interesting. Tomorrow my plans are to trek out to the woods of the Harriman State forest to do some wild camping with only a backpack overnight with a friend who has never really done camping like that before. My only real concern are the bears that are in abundance in that park. Im not really worried though, because I know we are the most dangerous things living in that forest lol.

I will post some updates as my day goes on tomorrow. I picked a trail that has 2 very interesting geocaches along it, and we will do our best to seek them out, as well as leave very nice things inside of them.

No comments: